Environmental, Health & Safety Management
Peoples Services is committed to having an exceptional program for managing environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks. Peoples Services commitment begins with its Chief Operations Officer, who regularly reviews the company’s environmental and safety performance. Peoples Services Safety Leadership Team sets the companies EHS policy, implements EHS strategy and reviews the EHS performance of the individual facilities.
Peoples Services has learned that the way to deliver strong EHS performance is through site management ownership. Site management ownership means that Peoples Services holds its site managers accountable for the safety and environmental integrity of the operations they supervise. Peoples Services Safety & Compliance Manager supports and guides the safety and compliance programs, but the company expects its site managers to take the lead for their facilities.
Peoples Services ensures operational commitment through:
- Regular reviews of a managers EHS performance
- Comprehensive EHS audits conducted by internal and external auditors governed by management system guidelines
- EHS training for managers and operational teams
- Employee engagement surveys in which employees anonymously provide feedback on the performance of their facilities.
Peoples Services tracks EHS metrics and reviews performance in four ways:
- Track energy, waste, and water data at the site level using Energy Star Portfolio Manager System.
- Operational Managers and Vice Presidents regularly conduct internal operational reviews of each of their facilities.
- At the corporate level, Peoples Services conducts periodic strategic reviews of EHS risks and strategies
60% of our Fremont, OH food grade facilities are American Institute of Baking (AIB) certified with the purpose to maintain a superior level of food safety and hygiene.
View the EHSS Policy